A S C R A P B O O K O F S O L U T I O N S F O R T H E P H O T O G R A P H E R
Enhancing the enjoyment of taking pictures with news that matters, features that entertain and images that delight. Published frequently.
10 February 2017
On Feb. 14 at 1:30 p.m. ET, Swann Auctions will begin the sale of 321 lots of rare photographs and albums on eBay's Live Auctions platform.
Artists featured include Berenice Abbott, Ansel Adams, Richard Avedon, Ruth Bernhard, Margaret Bourke-White, Paul Caponigro, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Imogene Cunningham, Bruce Davidson, Robert Doisneau, Harold Edgerton, W. Eugene Smith, Walker Evans, Robert Frank, Lewis Hine, Graciela Iturbide, Yousuf Karsh, Seydou Keïta, André Kertész, Dorothea Lange, Annie Leibovitz,, Helen Levitt, Lisette Model, Tina Modotti, Eadweard Muybridge, Helmut Newton, Gordon Parks, Leni Riefenstahl, Edward Steichen, Ralph Steiner, Alfred Stieglitz, Jerry Uelsmann, Weegee, Edward Weston and Minor White, among others.
The albums include a set of 45 black-and-white mug shots, 200 color mug shots, 265 images of the San Francisco fire and earthquake, the Chicago World's Fair, 260 photos of the Apollo Missions and a signed copy of Ansel Adams' Yosemite and the Range of Light.
The items are available for preview now at the Live Actions site.
Show in the illustration above:
- A group of 22 large-format photographs from various NASA missions
- One of 250 signed copies of Yosemite and the Range of Light by Ansel Adams
- The Rush Gatherer by Edward S. Curtis, an orotone print, signed and still in the original frame
- A sixth-plate tintype of Edgar Allan Poe, taken just a few weeks before his death
- Cayó del Cielo, a signed silver print by Graciela Iturbide from 1990