A S C R A P B O O K O F S O L U T I O N S F O R T H E P H O T O G R A P H E R
Enhancing the enjoyment of taking pictures with news that matters, features that entertain and images that delight. Published frequently.
7 March 2017
Adobe has updated both Lightroom and Camera Raw with new camera and lens profile support in addition to some bug fixes. The update to Camera Raw provides the Lightroom camera and lens profile support to Photoshop.
NEW CAMERA, LENS PROFILE SUPPORT
Camera support in both updates now includes: the Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II, Casio ZR3200, Fujifilm GFX 50S/X100F/X-A10/X-T20, Leica M10, Olympus E-M1 Mark II, Panasonic FZ80/GF9/GH5/TZ82 and Phase One IQ3 100MP (S compression mode not supported.
Lens profiles include optics form Apple, Canon EF/M, DJI, Fujifilm X, Nikon and Sony E/FE.
Bug fixes in the Lightroom 2015.9 update include:
- Upright error where the Update button was incorrectly enabled when Upright is unable to find a correction.
- Lens Profile Auto Matching was not working for Zeiss Batis 85mm lenses.
- Cursor movements on Point Curves were erratic
- Issue related to abnormal Lightroom exit when using Full Screen mode. The issue only occurred on Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Develop Module Locked after deleting images while using two displays
- Live Photos created on iPhoto caused the JPEG to be treated like an XMP sidecar file
- Instead of deleting currently selected photo, deletes face tag from previous viewed photo
- Images from Canon EOS G7x MK II sometimes had a green color cast
- Unable to change the image after deleting a rejected photo in develop module
- Export was taking longer than expected.
- Unable to import compressed Raw files from Fujifilm XT-2 and X-Pro2
- iPhone video Capture Time is shifted upon Import
- Slide Show Export as JPG text overlay issue
- If using 2-byte characters for catalog path, unable to backup
- Problem with map module (Windows)
- Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu
- The zoom does not work properly after the update
- Lightroom 6.8: Memory Leak
- Keyboard shortcut X for rejecting an image in Library not available (French)
- Erroneous warning message on Catalog Backup
- Messing up file ordering with panoramas
CAMERA RAW ISSUES
Bug fixes in the Camera Raw 9.9 update include:
- Fixed a rare crash when reading JPEGs with Bridge-hosted ACR.
- Fixed an Upright bug where the Update button is incorrectly enabled when Upright is unable to find a correction.
- Fixed a bug where Lens Profile Auto Matching is not working for Zeiss Batis 85mm lenses.