A S C R A P B O O K O F S O L U T I O N S F O R T H E P H O T O G R A P H E R
Enhancing the enjoyment of taking pictures with news that matters, features that entertain and images that delight. Published frequently.
14 April 2017
In this recurring column, we highlight a few items we've run across that don't merit a full story of their own but are interesting enough to bring to your attention (with more than 140 characters). This time we look at Holy Week, Corey Arnold, the Sony FE 85mm f1.8, Steven Klein, Andy Yang's AMA and LaserSoft's Easter discount.
- Scenes From Holy Week features 27 images from around the world this week celebrating the religious holiday with rituals that reach back to pre-Christian traditions.
- In Aleutian Dreams, Corey Arnold photographs "an environment filled with risk and visual grandeur that is far from ordinary."
- Kirk Tuck reflects on the virtues of his Sony FE 85mm f1.8 after using it on a couple of jobs.
- The Macallan Masters of Photography has announced the Steven Klein Edition to celebrate two very different, but highly revered art processes: photography and whisky-making. "This project has given me the chance to create a film and a special edition bottle and box," Klein said. "This was a true merging of artist and commerce, where I had great support from the team at Macallan in this endeavour."
- 500px CEO Andy Yang will host an afternoon Ask Me Anything on Reddit next Wednesday, April 19.
- LaserSoft Imaging is offering a 35 percent Easter discount on all SilverFast products (except e-books, already discounted prices and shipping) from Good Friday through midnight on Easter Monday.