Collected Writings Series
This series collects Mike's essays on photography over 13 years, from 1999 through 2012.
This series, launched with A Visit to Yosemite in 2011, focuses on a single location for a single visit of a day or a weekend. In the course of the visit, you enjoy the sites with us and learn how we shot them using a variety of equipment.
- A Visit to Yosemite $14.95
- A Visit to the Academy of Sciences [in planning]
- A Visit to the Zoo [in planning]
- A Visit to the Conservatory [coming]
- A Visit to Angel Island [coming]
This series focuses on a single skill or issue in digital photography. The discussion covers the essentials with tips for taking the subject further.
- A Primer on Scanning [drafted]
- A Primer on HDR [proposal]
- A Primer on Digital Asset Management [proposal]
This series goes beyond User Guides and Help files to explain how to use basic digital imaging hardware.
- Photo Printer Companion [proposal]
- Multifunction Device Companion [proposal]
- Flatbed Scanner Companion [proposal]
Just click on a published title to learn more about it, see a sample chapter and order a copy.
Prints, many of which have been the subject of various newsletter pieces, are available on a variety of fine arts papers using either pigment or dye inks, depending on the subject. Both Canon and Epson printers are used.
- Golden Gate Bridge at 75 on 13x19 Museo Silver Rag with Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks [coming soon]
- Tress Tribute • 11 March 2012 on 13x19 Entrada Natural Rag 190 with Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks [coming soon]
- Dahlia Dance on 13x19 Entrada Natural Rag 190 with Canon Pro-1 pigment inks [coming soon]
Framing is available at an additional charge. Shipping charges also apply.